Subscribe For Free Updates!

We'll not spam mate! We promise.

Check Out The First Openly Gay Wrestler


darren young comes out as first openly gay wwe wrestler
We’re making some HUGE progress in the world of sports!!
Earlier this year, NBA player Jason Collins came out to become the first openly gay athlete in a major sport, and now Darren Young has done the same to become the first openly gay wrestler in WWE history!!!
While at LAX, he was approached by a photographer who asked him if a gay athlete could succeed in the world of wrestling, to which he responded:
“Absolutely. Look at me. I’m a WWE superstar and to be honest with you, I’ll tell you right now, I’m gay. And I’m happy. I’m very happy.”
How awesome is that!!!
The photographer went on to ask whether Darren felt he had opened the doors for other wrestlers to step forward about their sexuality, and he said:
“I hope so. I’m hoping to be able to make a difference. It’s very important to me that people understand that someone’s sexual preference shouldn’t really matter. It should be about the person.”
Amen!!!
We’re so thrilled for him and glad that he’s showing that there’s nothing wrong with being a gay athlete, especially in sport like wrestling which is VERY testosterone-driven!!
Way to go, Darren!!

0 comments: